Attracting traffic to your home based business website is the first stage of the Internet sales process. Once you have the prospective client on your home page you now have to entice them to click on your offer and read your sales copy. Hopefully your website combined with your sales script will be enough to convince your visitor to buy your product and become a customer.
You may wonder what triggers your guests to say yes and take out their wallet and pay for your merchandise. You may also ask if there’s anything else you can do to trigger this positive response from your potential customers. Here are 5 causes of these people saying yes:
1. Customer service should be the hallmark of your home based business because this is usually the first thing people will check out before becoming your customer. They may approach current clients of your enterprise to get their feedback or they may look for testimonials on your website from satisfied customers who are extolling the virtues of you and your business.
If you have a poor reputation for dealing with your patrons then this will undoubtedly elicit a negative reaction. On the other hand, an excellent track record of customer satisfaction will usually trigger the positive reaction you’re looking for and you will have a new client.
2. Always get feedback from your current customers and from your potential clients. Create a feedback form on your home page and ask your visitors what they would like to see added to your site and ask how they would improve your products or services and your home business. You could also create a questionnaire and email it to your client list asking the same questions because your customers may be interested in purchasing something which you don’t offer from your home page.
This could help improve your future sales and also make your clients feel involved in the decision making process related to your enterprise which may help increase their loyalty to you and your business.
3. Celebrity endorsements are a tremendous tool for getting your visitors to say yes to purchasing your merchandise. Obtain a testimonial from a well known person who has used your product and display it on your home page. People who visit your site and read this endorsement from a famous person will often respond by saying: “If it’s good enough for them then it’s good enough for me.” This is why these types of advertisements are still so popular today.
4. Design your website with your visitor in mind. Create a home page where your guests can have the most enjoyable visit possible. By making your site easy to navigate, by providing easy to find products and product information, by adding entertainment such as videos and or games and by adding a news ticker or even a contest where you announce a monthly winner you will increase your visitor return rate and eventually increase your sales and profits.
We all know from experience that people seldom buy on their first visit, so by creating an enjoyable experience for your guests you’re increasing the probability they will return and purchase your merchandise.
5. Make something of value to your target market available from your website free of charge. People love getting freebies and this is a great way to begin the relationship building process with your visitors. When your guests perceive the quality of the gift you’re giving away for nothing then they begin to have a feeling of trust of you and your home business.
When you continue to build upon this relationship by emailing your offers to your potential customers they now begin to feel as though they know you and as we all know people are more likely to do business with someone they know and trust rather than with a perfect stranger.
By exploiting these five sales triggers from your home business website you will soon see the results translate into an increase in positive responses and an explosion of profits for your enterprise.