Mobile marketing is all the rage on the Web these days as cell phone usage continues to soar worldwide. According to mobile local ads website:
“4,239,956 people are having a cell phone conversation at any given second in the world. 15% of Americans have interrupted sex to answer a cell phone call. 32% of men and 23% of women say they can’t live without their cell phone.”
This mobile phone phenomenon has created a tremendous marketing opportunity for Internet marketers and online home business owners everywhere. Some are predicting that mobile marketing will some day claim number one spot over email marketing as an advertising medium.
Mobile marketing is any type of advertising or product promotion that utilizes cell phones. This media is not only limited to text messaging, as some people believe, but you can also use voice messages, apps and mobile websites to get your point across.
This relatively new Internet marketing frontier provides several advantages to Internet entrepreneurs who are willing to get involved.
1. First of all, this advertising channel is very easy to set up and to implement. All you really need is a list of prospects and access to an online mobile service willing to send your messages. If you can compose an email advertisement and send an email you can create a cell phone marketing campaign.
2. Another reason to take advantage of this new opportunity is people on average check their text messages and their voice mail more often than their email messages. This means it’s easier to get your message to your prospective customers.
3. Timing is everything in the world of Internet marketing and with text messaging you can reach your target immediately. People check their texts as they arrive while an email message may be sitting in someone’s inbox for days or may even get lost entirely in a spam folder.
4. Believe it or not there are still people who don’t have an email address while 91% of Americans own a mobile device. This also increases the chance of your home business message getting to your intended recipient.
5. Currently this market is virtually untapped because, as with most things, people are reluctant to experiment with something new. This means, once again, that timing is everything and this couldn’t a better moment to get involved before the market becomes too competitive.
Mobile marketing is the new kid on the Internet marketing block and if you’re serious about creating another revenue stream for your online home business you should give this opportunity serious consideration.