Home based business owners online, especially newbie’s, are always looking for suggestions and tips on how to improve their business and or their website. What better way to collect this information then by adding a survey to your home page.
Surveys are being employed by webmasters more often than ever on the web for various reasons and here are five excellent motives for adding a questionnaire to your website:
1. You can ask your visitors directly what they would like to see on your home business home page. As you may already know content drives traffic, and by granting your potential customer’s requests for different types of information and by updating your site with this new content on a regular basis you will be attracting the major search engines attention which will help improve your search rankings online.
Also by satisfying your guest’s needs you will improve your return visit statistics and as we all know the more often someone visits your web page the more likely they are to become paying clients.
2. People may even request that you add specific products to your merchandise line which will help increase your sales as you add what they need. By meeting your potential customer’s needs you’re creating relationships with these people. Relationship building helps attract not only new customers but also loyal, long term clients who purchase from you time and time again. This is a great way to help guarantee the longevity of your online enterprise.
3. People may offer suggestions on how to improve your customer service. You could add a question to your survey asking directly how they enjoyed their customer service experience. By improving this area and by providing excellent service you’re creating the opportunity for referrals from your current happy patrons who may be telling their family and friends about your home business. Once again, this is a great way to lay the foundation of your customer base to help ensure the long term success of your enterprise.
4. Your visitors may provide suggestions on how to improve your website design and layout to help them enjoy their visit’s more by making your home page more user friendly. When you make these improvements you will find you will be maintaining and adding to your current potential customer list because your current visitors will be coming back for more and your new visitors will be staying and eventually will become paying clients.
5. Your potential customers may suggest how you can improve your current products and or services. This should help increase your sales to these current visitors and also help generate more new traffic to your website which should also help boost sales and profits.
So as you can see adding a survey or questionnaire to your home business website offers the potential to help you improve almost every aspect of your current business model. This includes helping improve your website design and function, your products and services, your customer service and pricing and eventually your sales and profits.