One of the most vital areas of your home based business website is your long form sales page. Although many Internet marketers are turning to video as a way to close their sales the sales page still remains one of the most effective techniques for sealing the deal. Although many entrepreneurs online believe that the long sales letter is a turn-off for many potential customers it remains the most successful Internet marketing technique for converting your visitors into paying customers.
However, for your sales page to accomplish a higher than average conversion rate it must contain, at the very least, these five key sections:
1. Testimonials from your satisfied customers are a must. People need proof from your clients who have used your product that it accomplishes what it says it does before they even consider purchasing your merchandise. You can provide this evidence by adding either written or video testaments from happy clients with their names included to add to the credibility of their remarks.
Some Internet marketers believe video tributes from your patrons are more effective at swaying your potential customers because you can actually see the person deliver his or her opinion about your product. On the other hand a text version of their testimonial with a picture and name included has proven to be just as successful. So whatever method you chose the important point is that you include these testaments on your sales page.
2. Along with the verbal or text evidence provided by your satisfied customers you should also include actual visual proof that your product works as claimed in your sales pitch. For example, if your home business theme is Internet marketing and your product is a software package which drives targeted traffic to your customer’s websites then you could demonstrate it’s viability by using a before and after technique.
You could have one of your client’s display their monthly traffic statistics before using your product and then show the results after having used your software for a month and also by showing the results over a more extended period of time. By employing verbal and or text references along with actually demonstrating your product in action you are reinforcing within your visitors the actual validity of your statements and thereby establishing a trusting relationship with your guests.
3. Be sure to include a bonus section on your page. People love to get stuff for nothing and by providing valuable gifts in exchange for their business your newly created clients believe they are getting a bargain or an offer they can’t refuse. The key here is to make these freebies important and relative to your current offer and to the needs of your potential customers. Bonus offers are very effective because people feel the need to do something nice for you in return for your generosity such as buying your product.
4. Money back guarantees are critical because people don’t feel the sense of loss of their money when they know they can always ask for a refund within a certain period of time. By including this pledge on your sales page you’re taking away any risk from your guests by purchasing your merchandise and squarely placing it on your own shoulders as the home business owner. This helps make the buying decision a little easier for your visitors especially if they believe they can’t afford the cash outlay at the moment. It also gives them a sense of confidence that they’ve made the right decision by buying.
5. Try to instill a sense of urgency within your potential customers. You can accomplish this in several ways such as including a limited time offer phrase in your sales text. Word your statement in such a way as to relate to them that if they don’t take advantage of your offer now they may lose out and never receive the same deal again.
You can also add a counter on your web page counting the number of items left in stock before you’re sold out. Or you can have a clock showing the time left before your offer is taken down, never to be made available again. Another tactic is to explain the price will be increasing substantially the following day so they must act now to receive the discounted pricing.
By adding all 5 five of these strategies within different sections of your sales page you’ll greatly increase the odds of boosting your sales and profits for your online home based business.