Once you’ve attracted visitors to your home business website your next task is to convince them to purchase your product or service. This can be a daunting proposition at the best of times because it usually takes several visits by your potential customers before they decide to become paying clients.
However, as webmasters we’re always looking for different and rarely used tactics to employ to persuade them to take out their wallets sooner and perhaps make that initial buying decision on their first visit rather than on their fifth. Here are 5 exceptional methods you can use to help speed up the decision making process by your website visitors:
1. Scope out the competition to discover how much products similar to yours are being sold for at other home business websites. When you know what the going rate is undercut your competitors and sell your merchandise for at least a 10% lower than their asking price. This should attract more interest in your offers and bring more traffic to your home page.
Your profits should not suffer because of the lower charge for your products because of the increase in the number of sales your bottom line should become healthier because of your price point. Your cheaper rates are also a great selling point to use in your Internet marketing strategy.
2. Treat your current customers with kid gloves and make them feel special by giving them access to areas on your website that regular visitors cannot enter. You can create a members only area or backroom which is available by invitation only. You can email your customers a password and username to gain entry as soon as they become paying clients. When people feel as though their missing out on something or aren’t privy to certain information which could help them succeed online then this can sometimes persuade them to become members by purchasing your product.
3. Offer an exclusive coaching program to your potential customers as a bonus for becoming paying clients. For example, if you’re into Internet marketing you could provide a free training session from your website each week dedicated to a different aspect of advertising online. Your first lesson could be about how to drive targeted traffic to your home business website, your second class could be on search engine optimization techniques, the third seminar could be about closing sales online and so on.
4. Create a customers only discussion board or forum where members can discuss ways to improve their websites, increase their sales techniques and develop their Internet marketing strategies. They can also ask for solutions from other members to any problems they may be having related to their Internet business. This may help push some of your potential customers off the fence and encourage them to do business with your enterprise.
5. Give your customers exclusive access to any important announcements related to new developments in the world of Internet marketing or to any information on new product releases before it’s made available to the general Internet population. People hate being left out or being ignored when it comes to new developments.
They may get the feeling other Internet marketers are getting the jump on them and have gained a certain advantage by having access to this information before they do. This may encourage them to sign on the dotted line and become a paying customer.
By using any or all of these strategies on your home business website you may shorten your visitors decision making time line by persuading them to become customers sooner rather than later.