If you’re just starting out online with a home based business and you’ve decided to try autoblogging as an online career then there are a few pitfalls you should try to avoid to make your path to success a little faster and easier. For the uninitiated, who may be reading this article, autoblogging is the process of creating a series of blogs online which work on auto pilot. This type of website seeks out and finds new content on a regular basis and automatically updates itself with this fresh information.
When implemented correctly autoblogging can turn into a very lucrative home based income from the web. The key phrase at work here is “implemented correctly” and here are 5 gaffes you should steer clear of to help ensure your blog network is created as stress free and as efficiently as possible.
1. If you’re considering purchasing an autoblogging course from an Internet marketer online be sure to do your research to make sure you aren’t saddled with an autosplogging course. A splog is a very unattractive web page or blog containing terrible content which provides no value to your visitors. The site is full of blatant affiliate ads and banners which also aren’t appreciated by the search engines.
Any self respecting home business owner or Internet marketer would be embarrassed and ashamed to be associated with any of these websites. Some of these autoblogging courses provide software which simply steals content from respectable blogs and then republishes some or all of this content on its own blog. Most of these splogs are dead in the eyes of the search engines not long after being published online so making a career using this type of software is impossible.
2. Excessive pinging can sound the death knell for your newly created blogs on the web. Pinging is announcing to the world of hub sites online that your blog was just updated with fresh content. Pinging has been a very successful approach in the past but more recently Google has placed more value on a website which is discovered by more natural means. Pinging several sites when you publish new information is fine but seventy pings is over kill in the search engine’s eyes.
3. Updating your blogs with duplicate content is another way you can get ignored by Google and the other major search engines online. The old Internet marketing adage “content drives traffic” still rings true today; however this saying should be amended to state “fresh content drives traffic”. Autoblogging software which takes content from other websites and places it on your blogs will place your new home business career in serious jeopardy and in all likelihood make it a short lived one.
4. Excessive back linking is another serious offence when it comes to autoblogging. This happens when these splog sites go out of their way to create back links using any trick they can imagine which is quickly recognized by the search engines. Having websites link to your blog naturally is the most effective way to generate income from your home business and this can only be achieved by adding quality content which offers value to your readers.
5. Neglecting to analyze your blog statistics or your Google analytics will make it very difficult to get ranked highly in search results. Listen to what Google is telling you and you will be able to optimize your blog in order to make it as attractive as possible to the search engines in order to achieve the ranking you need.
Avoiding these 5 faux pauxs will make your home based autoblogging business career a longer and more financially rewarding experience on the web.