With so many people unemployed and more losing their jobs every day, with the cost of living on the rise and the general public tightening their belts because of the overall economic situation how do you boost your stagnant home business sales online and increase your profits? Here are 7 techniques you can employ to get your enterprise over the fiscal hump and headed in a money-making direction again:
1. Dust off your email list of your current and potential customers and create a promotion aimed at up selling your existing clients and targeted toward persuading your prospects to become paying patrons of your business. Also when your new customers make their initial purchase offer them another product at a reduced price as a reward for becoming a client.
2. You can create an affiliate program for your business which will extend your reach within your target market by having members of your program promoting your products market wide. This will cut your advertising costs because of your increased staff using their own promotional techniques which will increase your sales and profits.
3. Outsourcing can be a tremendous tactic for reducing your overall costs. For example, by contracting out some, or all of your article writing, you can either double up on the number of editorials you produce for your marketing efforts thereby increasing traffic and sales or you can use the extra time to dedicate to using other techniques to advertise your home business. Either way you will save because of your enhanced traffic and profits.
4. People love free stuff, and by creating a giveaway event on your website you can attract visitors to your other offers and possibly persuade them to buy while they’re taking advantage of your freebies. Ask other businesses related to your target but not in direct competition with your online venture to participate by donating merchandise for the occasion and invite them to promote it from their website as well as in their Internet marketing efforts. This would be a great way to increase traffic, build your email list and of course boost your sales and profits.
5. Approaching other businesses to create joint venture opportunities can be another way to decrease costs and inflate sales during recessionary times. Ask another enterprise to join with you in creating a new product by sharing the costs of production as well as the expense of advertising and promotion evenly while also splitting the profits on a 50-50 basis.
6. Another way to increase your advertising and traffic while not incurring any added costs is to ask other online ventures to swap different forms of promotional materials with your enterprise. For example, you can exchange banner ads, ezine advertisements and text advertising to promote one another’s businesses which will enhance both of your businesses online presence.
7. Create a promotion built around the idea of beating the recession. You could give it a name such as the recession annihilation and promote it as a way to tighten your belt while spending your money. This may seem as though you’re defeating the purpose however you can explain it as a way to save while making the purchases you need to make without the worry of going over budget. You can accomplish this by offering discounts of 50% on all your merchandise and make up for your lower profit margin by making more sales.
Whether you want to label it recessionary times, inflationary times or times of high unemployment, as home based business owners online we all must find ways to beat the odds and succeed in times of economic uncertainty; and by using these techniques you should make it through the financial downturn.